Monday, February 22, 2016

Asakusa

We flew home a little later in the day on Saturday so we had time to explore a bit that morning. We decided on visiting the Senso-jo temple in Asakusa, Tokyo.

These are the last of my photos from the trip.

This was at the metro stop near our hotel. Had to get a photo of the ballerina.

 The skytree.







 There were tons of people and shops on the way to the Temple...





















 I saw this ice cream burger shop when we were on our way out and in a bit of a hurry, other wise I might have tried it.
My flight was delayed a bit coming home, so I didn't get to see the kids until Sunday morning but I left Japan Saturday night and got back to NM Saturday night thanks to the time difference.

It was a fun trip. I'm so grateful that I got to go! I feel like I learned a lot about Japan and Tokyo, while planning and experiencing it too. This was my first time away from the kids for more than a few hours. It was kind of awesome to be on a 3 day date with Jacob but I don't know if I can stand to leave the kids again for so long and for such a short trip... Jacob will probably go again at least one more year for work so I'll have to decide again closer to his trip if it's worth repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment