Friday, December 23, 2011

A Few Traditions

We have an advent wreath or Adventskranz. It's something that I noticed every family have when I served my mission in Germany a few years back. It's a simple tradition that we have adopted as a family. I love it because it reminds me of the people that I was blessed to serve and a time in my life that was completely devoted to Christ. We light a candle the four Sundays before Christmas as a count down. We also sing a Christmas song and read a scripture or two and enjoy the luminescence.

Here's Archie opening his 1st Christmas present...

...he needed some help.

Since we've been married it's been a tradition to have two Christmases so that we can be with both families (Jacob's parents and mine). This means early Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment