Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Art Of Egg Noodles

I am in charge of the YW activity tonight. I love to cook so I am going to teach the girls the art of egg noodles. I learned how to make these at a fairly young age when my older brother came home from middle school one day with a similar recipe. It was a huge hit with my family growing up and I have more recently become more creative with my noodle making (see note below). I will be using this recipe for tonight:

Homemade Egg Noodles

1 egg

1/8 cup water

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 ¼ cups flour (approximately)

Mix egg, water, salt and 3/4 cup of flour in a bowl. Gradually add more flour until dough is formed and isn’t too sticky. Roll dough out on a floured surface. Cut dough into ½ inch strips use a pizza cutter for speed. Place strips in boiling water. Wait for water to return to a boil and cook for an additional 3 minutes.

Notes: This recipe is really easy to change up. Try adding olive oil, spinach or whole wheat flour. The noodles are just as tasty in other shapes; cut noodles with cookie cutters. Remember, if the noodles are bigger, they will need to cook longer. Top the noodles off simply with just butter and salt or add your favorite sauce.

This is an old photo from when I made the noodles with spinach in them and topped them with a garlic cream sauce, shrimp, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment