Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quiche For Dinner

I'm starting to get the hang of making dinner while taking care of baby. Making a quiche in small steps throughout the day has worked out well for me. Here's how I did it today:


Archie has been pretty calm first thing in the morning lately so I stole a few minutes after breakfast to make and roll out the pie crust. It's not the prettiest pie crust, but I got it in the pie pan, wrapped, and in the fridge before he got too fussy.


During Archie's nap (yes, he actually took one today that lasted more than 8 minutes) I took a few minutes to cut up the ham, grate the cheese, toss them together with the flour and spices, cover and refrigerate.


Then, about an hour before Jacob got home, I threw the cold pie crust in the oven and then preheated it. I quickly added the eggs, milk an spinach to the previous mixture and poured the whole thing into the slightly cooked pie crust. About 40 minutes later, I was pulling this quiche out of the oven. Tonight, I served the quiche with pears. They made a cool light dessert for a warm spring day.

My Quiche Ingredient List:

Filling:
5 slices turkey ham
1 cup grated Marbled Jack cheese
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
salt, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic to taste
1 cup spinach
5 eggs
1& 1/4 cup milk

Crust:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment