Thursday, September 24, 2009

Feels Like Fall

I am going to call yesterday as being the first fall day of the year and not a summer day. Yes, yes I am aware that the first official day of fall is september 1. I guess I find the astronomical method (from the equinox, sep 22-23) closer to my experience.

The swamp cooler has not been running at our house. Windows have been shut. I use the heater a little on my drive to work early in the A.M. I feel a craving for fresh applesauce.

I feel it time for fall to come too. I am tired of having to water my garden and yard every day and am looking forward to fall waterings of maybe twice a week. That will be nice. Of course, it will be nicer when I have property in the irrigated region and my soil has *gasp* actual clay in it. Then I can water maybe once a week. I like my starter home, but I am looking forward to the 'real' home for a number of reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment